Lake Highland Preparatory School
Upper School Musical
Book by Fred Ebb and Bob Fosse
Music by John Kander
Lyrics by Fred Ebb
Based on the play by Maurine Dallas Watkins / Script adaptation by David Thompson
In the 1920s, American reporter and playwright, Maurine Dallas Watkins, wrote the stage play, Chicago, during her brief time covering courthouse news for the Chicago Tribune. The 1975 Broadway musical adaptation brings Maurine's criminal stories of the roaring twenties into full view as Roxie Hart is sent to death row for ending a secret affair by way of murder. Roxie and another Merry Murderess, Velma Kelly, vie for the spotlight—and the headlines—as they ruthlessly pursue an American Dream of fame, fortune, and acquittal. This satirical story follows the rise and fall of the celebrity criminal while spotlighting the dark undertones of greed, legal corruption, and media sensationalism.
Due to adult themes and violence, this show is not recommended for anyone under the age of 13. Refund Policy:
The Harriett Coleman Center for the Arts is located on the Lake Highland Preparatory School campus in Downtown Orlando. A map of our campus and parking locations is available on our website
.Know before you go:
- There are multiple parking options on campus (see map). Please plan accordingly, as our closest lot to the theater fills up quickly. There is a drop-off at the entrance to the theater.
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the performance time.
- Our theaters can get chilly.
- No food or drink is allowed in our theater except for water.
- Late seating will be at the house manager's discretion.
If you have any questions about your visit, please email email@example.com.
Refunds are handled on a case-by-case basis.
No refunds are available after the start of the event.
Online sales close 30 minutes after start of event.
Select an option below.