Lincoln High School
Lincoln High School Theatre presents
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Music and Lyrics by William Finn
Book by Rachel Sheinkin
Conceived by Rebecca Feldman
Additional Material by Jay Reiss
Winner of the Tony and the Drama Desk Awards for Best Book, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee has charmed audiences across the country with its effortless wit and humor. Featuring a fast-paced, wildly funny and touching book by Rachel Sheinkin and a truly fresh and vibrant score by William Finn, this Bee is one unforgettable experience.
An eclectic group of six mid-pubescents vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime. While candidly disclosing hilarious and touching stories from their home lives, the tweens spell their way through a series of (potentially made-up) words, hoping never to hear the soul-crushing, pout-inducing, life un-affirming "ding" of the bell that signals a spelling mistake. Six spellers enter; one speller leaves! At least the losers get a juice box.
A riotous ride, complete with audience participation, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is a fast-paced crowd-pleaser and an instant audience favorite.
Lincoln High School Auditorium
1750 SW Salmon St
Portland, OR 97205
- Doors will open 20 minutes before the performance time. Tickets (either printed or on your phone) will be scanned at the doors.
- Spelling Bee runs approximately 2 hours including a 15 minutes intermission. Please visit our concessions stand before the show and during intermission. No food or drink is allowed in the theater except for water.
- Candy Grams will be available for purchase before the start of the show at the Candy Grams Table. They'll be delivered with your note to your favorite member of the cast or crew during intermission.
- Recording or photography of any kind by audience members is not permitted.
- Vip Premium Tickets include a bottle of water and a snack or a candy.
- Wheelchair accessible - look for our designated wheelchair spaces in the seating chart (available in the orchestra and balcony section). Please contact us if you need any assistance.
Matinees: the role of Barfee will be played by Britta Wuttig and the role of Olive's Mom will be played by Monica Gibson.
Please Note: This musical may be best suited for audience members 13 and up due to adult language, mild sexual references and innuendo, and irreverent depictions of religious figures and symbolism.
If you have any questions about your visit, or need any support with your tickets, please email email@example.com
All sales are final and no refunds will be allowed for this event.
Online sales close 30 minutes after start of event.
Do you want to share the stage with the spellers of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee?
Each Spelling Bee performance needs four audience volunteers
to participate in the Bee. If you are interested in joining the show, please fill out the google form (link below) which contains more information on the audience participation. We will also have paper forms available at the theatre on show days if spots are still available for that date.https://forms.gle/zjjvF1JzygvaLuEc7Thespians
: Please use the coupon code - thespian
- at check out for a discounted $5 ticket including fees. Valid only on General Admission tickets. Please present your Thespian membership card at check in.
Select an option below.
Donate without ticket purchase?